This Is A Professionals-Only Event.
WHO: Counselors & Health Professionals
WHERE: MARR Administration, 2815 Clearview Place, Doraville, GA 30340
WHEN: February 12, 2016
TIME: 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
COST: $50 per person (lunch provided)
CE CREDITS: 4.5 hours
CONTACT: Family Recovery Center, 678-805-5169
- The Disease of Addiction: Covers the neurobiology of addiction and various theories. Provides an understanding of addictive thinking.
- Addiction, A Family Disease: Describes the symptoms and behaviors of addiction and how they impact family members.
- Enabling, Rescuing and Controlling: Teaches how to recognize behaviors used by family members as a result of a loved ones’ addiction and to identify new, healthy behaviors.
- Identifying and Establishing Personal Boundaries: Teaches participants how to encourage their clients to establish/maintain healthy boundaries as a primary tool to detach from addictive behaviors, while maintaining a loving relationship with the addict.
- Creating a Support System: Participants learn the importance of promoting a strong support system and healthy self-care techniques to their clients.