MARR’s Right Side Up (RSU) offers residential drug and alcohol addiction treatment for women with dependent children under the age of 13. Women need a stable and safe environment to develop the skills necessary to achieve and maintain long-term recovery. Our services are designed to help women find employment, improve relationships with their children and extended family, retain and/or regain custody of their children, give birth to drug-free infants and become valuable members of the community.
MARR’s Right Side Up is a six-month drug and alcohol addiction treatment program, giving clients ample time to make and sustain healthy lifestyle changes.
Phases of Drug & Alcohol Addiction Treatment
Phase I (approx. 90 days) - Incorporates individual and group therapy — including psycho-educational groups, spiritual life groups and health education groups — on topics related to parenting, trauma, domestic violence, and stress and anger management. Client is required to attend regular 12-Step meetings.
Phase II (approx. 60 days) – Requires attendance to 12-Step meetings while incorporating employment (30 hours per week) into the recovery process. Participation is required in evening and weekend groups and activities. Client meets with a counselor for individual sessions.
Phase III (approx. 30 days) – Maintains the requirement for 12-Step meetings and 30 hours of work each week. Client works with a counselor to identify housing options and move toward independent living. Client must be employed in order to successfully complete the program.
Right Side Up Services
- Individual and Group Therapy
- Family Group
- Drug-free Environment
- Medical Services
- 12-Step Recovery Group
- Trauma Groups
- Relapse Prevention
- Job Skills Training
- Survival Skills
- Health and Nutrition
- Therapeutic Child Care (provides services for children and parenting education and assistance)
What’s IncludedClients of Right Side Up will receive the following benefits:
- Gender-specific drug and alcohol addiction treatment for women that addresses issues such as relationships, sexual and physical abuse, parenting, education and job skills training
- An individualized addiction treatment plan
- Clinically intensive treatment services by licensed and certified clinicians
- 12-Step support groups
- Therapeutic Child Care, whereby each child has his/her own individualized treatment plan and is engaged in activities that provide structure, guidance, discipline and fun
- General medical care, including referrals for specific care
- Individual case management and transportation to ensure clients and their children have access to vital services
- A safe environment where women in addiction recovery can learn to interact in a nurturing, constructive and healthy manner with their children
- Education for children on how to break the cycle of addiction
FeesRight Side Up is a Ready for Work program and funded by the Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities. RSU collaborates with the Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS), which provides Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), food stamps, Medicaid and childcare certificates for eligible clients. Clients are responsible for personal spending, medical co-pay and childcare overage.Who is eligible for MARR’s Right Side Up?
- Primarily residents of Gwinnett, Newton, Dekalb, Fulton and Rockdale counties in Georgia
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) recipients with a diagnosis of substance abuse and/or substance dependence
- Women with active Child Protective Service cases with DFCS
- Pregnant or post-partum women with children under the age of 13 (no more than two children allowed into treatment with mother)
- Low-income women who are non-TANF eligible (limited beds)
AdmissionsAll potential clients must first complete a phone screening to determine their eligibility for Right Side Up’s drug and alcohol addiction treatment program. Contact an RSU Intake Coordinator today at 678-805-4113.All incoming clients are required to bring the following:
For children entering treatment with their mothers, please bring the following:
- Negative PPD (TB) test (completed within six months before entering addiction treatment)
- Valid picture ID
- Social security card
- Birth certificate
- Social security card
- Birth certificate or confirmation of birth
- Immunization record that is current
- School records
- All incoming children ages 5 and over must have a negative PPD (TB) test (completed within six months before entering RSU)
Additional DetailsRight Side Up is based on the therapeutic community model, which promotes accountability, responsibility and acceptance. Clients reside in apartments, generally comprised of two to three bedrooms, two full bathrooms, a kitchen and a living room/dining room. Women entering drug and alcohol addiction treatment with children will receive their own room, and those entering RSU without children may share a room with another unaccompanied client. Each apartment is equipped with its own washer and dryer. Clients are eligible to bring up to two children under the age of 13. RSU collaborates with licensed day care centers in the community, and school-aged children will attend the local public schools.