Director of Fund Development
ABOUT US: Established in 1975, MARR is a private, non-profit organization that provides long-term residential treatment to men and women with substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders. We are dedicated to bringing lasting recovery through intensive, high-quality, evidenced based, gender-separate and gender-specific treatment programs. www.marrinc.org
POSITION TITLE: Director of Fund Development
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: CEO
OVERALL SCOPE OF WORK:
The Director of Fund Development helps to advance the mission, values, programs and services of MARR Addiction Treatment Centers through creation of and implementation of all fundraising activities. As related to fundraising, the Director shall also oversee all appropriate administration, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, communication and liaison functions with the CEO and Board of Directors.
Develop and Direct Fund Raising Strategy
- Determine appropriate “fund raising mix” (types of programs and solicitation techniques) in accordance with the strategic plan, operating and capital funding needs
- Prepare a written development plan with dollar goals for approval by the Executive Committee (and in case of capital efforts, the full Board)
- Access fund raising talent on the Board of Trustees to meet goals
- Help recruit fund raising talent to the Board (in conjunction with the CEO and the Executive Committee of the Board)
- Staff and support the Fund Development department, including recruitment and supervision of contract employees
- Research and execute methods for developing new donors
- Contribute to formulation of policy and strategy as a member of the Management Team
- Assist in maintaining and developing organizational image and reputation
Manage Fund Raising Campaigns and Events
- Manage and track all major gift actions using cloud based Fundraising Software Systems (Salesforce, eTapestry, etc.)
- Manage all aspects of Annual Fund Raising Events, such as Golf Tournament/ Celebration of Recovery Banquet, using GiveSmart Mobile Bidding & Fundraising Software to track ticket sales, sponsorships, and sale of auction items.
- Determine prospects for major gift fund raising
- Research and evaluate each major gift prospect at the $5,000 level and above
- Prepare an annual and monthly solicitation calendar of prospects
- Assign all prospects to solicitation teams and determine solicitation strategies including gift amount, project and timing of solicitation (in conjunction with the Fund Development Committee)
- Schedule and confirm all solicitation calls
- Prepare all materials for donor visits, with help from Director of Communications
- Educate key constituents about planned giving by way of the MARR Newsletter, formal presentations and other mailings.
- Prepare briefing memorandums for all solicitation calls for the calling team and the funding project.
- Write all foundation and corporate proposals and compile/write appropriate addendums
- Prepare bi-annual mailings to MARR constituents
- Create and maintain gift clubs and the MARR honor roll
- Produce and submit annual report for the Board of Directors and for use of Fund Development Annual Initiatives
Maintain List/Record Management and Donor Records
- Create and maintain all donor files (hard copy and electronic) in cooperation with Administrative Assistant
- Create and maintain information on foundations and corporations in Salesforce
- Send mailings to foundations and corporations for updated annual reports and applications
Gift Acknowledgements (with Administrative Assistant)
- File and maintain all gift records electronically using cloud based Fundraising Software
- Prepare all gift status reports to foundations, corporations, and individuals
- Periodically call and write to donors to inform them of key uses/results of their giving
- Plan and schedule any/all donor recognition events
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (advanced degree preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in relevant aspects of fundraising, ideally in a nonprofit setting.
- Experience leading, implementing, and integrating a full range of development programs, including annual fundraising campaigns and project-based initiatives.
- A strong grasp of, and commitment to, best practices in all areas of development.
- A proven track record of relationship-based fundraising with an intentional focus on cultivation, stewardship, and building personal relationships with donors to secure major gifts.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies including staff, board members, donors, and volunteers with varying levels of philanthropic sophistication.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of discretion with respect to confidential information.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Superior knowledge and command of Microsoft Office products and extensive experience working with donor CRM software.
- Demonstrated success in managing and training individuals or teams.
- The ability to work on evenings and weekends on occasion as demands necessitate.
Take a step in helping others on the path to recovery by joining our team!
Interested applicants should submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org