WHO: This seminar is designed for family and friends affected by an active alcoholic and/or drug addict who is not in treatment at MARR.
WHERE: 2815 Clearview Place, Atlanta, GA 30340
TIME: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
COST: $50 per person (lunch provided)
- The Disease of Addiction: Covers the neurobiology of addiction and various theories. Provides an understanding of addictive thinking.
- Addiction, A Family Disease: Describes the symptoms and behaviors of addiction and how they impact family members.
- Enabling, Rescuing and Controlling: Teaches how to recognize behaviors used by family members as a result of a loved ones’ addiction and to identify new, healthy behaviors.
- Identifying and Establishing Personal Boundaries: Teaches how to establish and maintain healthy boundaries as a primary tool to detach from addictive behaviors, while continuing to maintain a loving relationship with the addict.
- Creating a Support System: Teaches family members how to create support for themselves and practice healthy self-care.