WHEN: Saturday, May 4, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
WHERE: Johnson Ferry Baptist Church, Fellowship Hall/Magnolia Room – 955 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, GA 30068
WHO: This seminar is designed for family and friends affected by an active alcoholic and/or drug addict who is actively using, in treatment, or in long-term recovery
COST: $10 per person (includes breakfast and lunch)
- The Disease of Addiction: Covers the neurobiology of addiction and various theories. Provides an understanding of addictive thinking.
- Addiction, A Family Disease: Describes the symptoms and behaviors of addiction and how they impact family members.
- Enabling, Rescuing and Controlling: Teaches how to recognize behaviors used by family members as a result of a loved ones’ addiction and to identify new, healthy behaviors.
- Identifying and Establishing Personal Boundaries: Teaches how to establish and maintain healthy boundaries as a primary tool to detach from addictive behaviors, while continuing to maintain a loving relationship with the addict.
- Creating a Support System: Teaches family members how to create support for themselves and practice healthy self-care.