Employment at MARR
Full Time Clinical Assessment Counselor
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Admissions
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum Education is a Master’s Degree in counseling, psychology, or social work, and/or a certification in addiction counseling. A person who is currently working on certification for addiction counseling may have additional experience that qualifies them for the position.
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, typically 8 AM – 5 PM Monday through Friday
- Provide initial point of contact for clients and families of clients looking for addiction treatment services
- Complete full clinical assessments with clients interested in MARR services both in person and over the phone
- Facilitate family sessions with clients’ families (may or may not include potential client) in office
- Coordinate with MARR clinical director, program directors, and medical team to determine appropriateness of clients for MARR services
- Provide referrals for individuals who are not appropriate for admission to one of MARR’s programs
- Communicate with clients’ previous mental health professionals and treatment centers for continuity of care
- Deescalate crisis situations as they occur
- Provide referrals for individuals in need of detox services
- Visit with incoming clients while in local detox facilities
- Document all phone calls, sessions, and assessments in MARR information system (KIPU).
- Receive supervision from Director of Admissions and/or Clinical Director concerning each client
- Any other job related duties assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES: High level of professionalism; counseling and communication (written and verbal) skills are required. Experience and competency in Microsoft Windows based products including Word, Excel and Outlook. Have prior experience in assessing for clinical needs according to DSM-V or ASAM criteria. Be able to handle face-to-face and telephone calls of persons in crisis situations.
Please submit resume to [email protected]arrinc.org
Residential Assistant – Women’s Recovery Center
- Resident assistants monitor client safety and whereabouts at the women’s residences in our intensive residential treatment program.
- Responsible for maintaining logs of daily activities; providing transportation and communicating with on-call clinical staff.
- Currently seeking a PRN Residential Assistant for Saturday and Sunday overnight shifts needed 9p – 5am.
- High School diploma with bachelor’s degree preferred, as well as certification or interest in being a counselor in the State of Georgia, such as those with a Certified Addiction Counselor (CAC) or Addiction Counselor in Training (CIT) actively pursuing certification as a CAC.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license and good driving record, strong organizational skills, good communication skills, and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- This position also requires a minimum of 18 months of abstinence from alcohol and drugs.
- Thorough understanding of 12 step recovery process, preferred.
Please submit resume to [email protected].