Employment at MARR
Residential Assistant – Women’s Recovery Center
* Resident assistants monitor client safety and whereabouts at the women’s residences in our intensive residential treatment program. Responsible for maintaining logs of daily activities; providing transportation and communicating with on-call clinical staff.
* Currently seeking a PRN Residential Assistant for Saturday and Sunday overnight shifts needed 9p – 5am.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma with bachelor’s degree preferred, as well as certification or interest in being a counselor in the State of Georgia, such as those with a Certified Addiction Counselor (CAC) or Addiction Counselor in Training (CIT) actively pursuing certification as a CAC. Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license and good driving record, strong organizational skills, good communication skills, and the ability to work as a member of a team. This position also requires a minimum of 18 months of abstinence from alcohol and drugs. Thorough understanding of 12 step recovery process, preferred.
Please submit resume to [email protected].
Part-time Family Counselor – Men’s Recovery Center
* Perform Individual, Couples, & Family Counseling as needed for patients during initial 90-day program and for patients receiving aftercare services/ERR
* Facilitate Parenting classes for MRC/WRC patients as needed
* Keep informed of releases of information to know which family members may be contacted and obtain address and phone information for family members as needed.
* Conduct orientation to family services with patients, 2-3weeks after admission, to discuss who they prefer to be the primary family contact, create genogram, and explain the role of family counselor.
* Greet the family member(s) as they arrive for admission, or make an introductory call within 72 hours to conduct family orientation.
* Schedule and keep appointments (phone/in-person) with family members to offer support & discuss patient’s progress in treatment
* Respond to family calls/emails in a timely manner, within 24 hours or the next business day.
* Attend weekly staff meetings at assigned program to present information regarding contact with family and communicate information to treatment team related to patient care
* Facilitate weekly Family Dynamics and other groups as assigned for patients during the initial 90-day treatment program. * Input all family information (including Family Questionnaire) and Progress Notes in the electronic medical record (EMR)system.
* Attend clients’ phase 1 & phase 2 clinical reviews to provide feedback/recommendations for patient and family. * Manage the invitation process for the Family Workshop.
* Conduct presentation(s) to family members attending the 3-day family workshop.
* Facilitate psycho-education and process groups during family workshop
* Report to MARR Program Director, for your site, and Family Program Lead counselor on regular basis to keep abreast of how things are going.
* Meet with patients at discharge to discuss/support/recommend family services to support recovery efforts during transition home or to ERR
* Contact or meet with patient’s family member(s) when patient is discharged AMA, Relapse, AWOL, or Administrative to discuss treatment team recommendations and support the family member (before 12pm the next business day after discharge occurs for after-hours discharges).
Please submit resume to [email protected]