Employment at MARR
Therapist for Disordered Eating Program, MARR Women’s Recovery Center (Lawrenceville, GA)
DESCRIPTION: Therapist needed for Disordered Eating Program.
- This is a contract position with flexible hours.
- Must be available three days per week (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday) for a minimum of 10-15 hours/week.
- Responsibilities include meeting with all clients to assess need for eating disorder support services and when needed work with Day Treatment Counselors to develop additional Initial Treatment Plan and Master Treatment Plan goals.
- Ensure that clients complete all written assignments associated with their participation in the Eating Disorder group during their treatment.
- Communicate information related to DE clients’ progress to other staff members in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conduct individual counseling, as needed, and lead a Monday evening group for DE clients.
- Facilitate educational workshop for family members of DE clients during Family Workshop every 6-8 weeks.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling or related area, licensed or certified as an Addiction Counselor.
- Must have experience in addiction counseling and eating disorders.
- Preferred experience conducting eating disorder assessments, individual counseling and group therapy with women who have a history of eating disorder, body image, and substance use disorders.
ABOUT US: Established in 1975, MARR Addiction Treatment Center is a private, non-profit organization that provides long-term residential addiction treatment to men and women. We are dedicated to bringing lasting recovery through intensive, high-quality, gender-specific rehab programs.
MARR is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Take a step in helping others on the path to recovery by joining our team! Submit your resume to [email protected]
Residential Assistant – Women’s Recovery Center
- Resident assistants monitor client safety and whereabouts at the women’s residences in our intensive residential treatment program.
- Responsible for maintaining logs of daily activities; providing transportation and communicating with on-call clinical staff.
- Currently seeking a PRN Residential Assistant for Saturday and Sunday overnight shifts needed 9p – 5am.
- High School diploma with bachelor’s degree preferred, as well as certification or interest in being a counselor in the State of Georgia, such as those with a Certified Addiction Counselor (CAC) or Addiction Counselor in Training (CIT) actively pursuing certification as a CAC.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license and good driving record, strong organizational skills, good communication skills, and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- This position also requires a minimum of 18 months of abstinence from alcohol and drugs.
- Thorough understanding of 12 step recovery process, preferred.
Please submit resume to [email protected].