This is in accordance with the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002, which requires any potential infringement to be acted upon expeditiously to remove or disable access to the information once a complaint is made. Although all efforts have been made to ensure that material that infringes the law should not be present on any of MARR’s website or social media accounts, the risk cannot be entirely eliminated.

To submit a complaint about content on MARR’s website or social media accounts, please send an email to [email protected] and include: your name, your contact info, the content in question, and an explanation of the infringement.



The Communications Manager has the authority to remove content from MARR’s website or any social media platform. On receipt of a notice of complaint regarding content, the officer responsible for administering complaints will:

a. Acknowledge receipt of the complaint by email (sample email):

Dear ____________, I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your complaint regarding content of an item on ____________. I have suspended access to the item pending verification of the complaint. In the event that I verify your complaint, I will comply fully with your request.

b. Remove the item that is subject to complaint.

c. Seek to verify the identity and authority of the complainant (e.g. if this is a complaint regarding infringement of copyright, that the complaint has been made by the person named as complainant and that the named person is either the rights holder or rights holder’s agent). If the complaint is regarding consent, check that the complainant is the named person or a family.

d. Refer the complaint to a Legal Advisor for comment and advice.



MARR is required by law to maintain the privacy of certain health care information about our patients.   The law also requires health care providers like MARR to give you a Notice like this one and to follow its standards.

When it comes to your health information, you have certain rights.  This section explains your rights and some of our responsibilities to help you.

Get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record

  • You can ask to see or get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record and other health information we have about you.  Ask us how to do this.
  • We will provide a copy or summary of your health information, usually within 30 days of your request.  We may charge a reasonable, cost-based fee.

Ask us to correct your medical record

  • You can ask us to correct health information about you that you think is incorrect or incomplete.  Ask us how to do this.
  • We may say “no” to your request, but we’ll tell you why in writing within 60 days.

Request confidential communications

  • You can ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or office phone) or to send mail to a different address.
  • We will say “yes” to all reasonable requests.

Ask us to limit what we use or share

  • you can ask us not to use or share certain health information for treatment, payment, or our operations.
    • We are not required to agree to your request, and we may say “no” if it would affect your care.
  • If you pay for a service or health care item out-of-pocket in full, you can ask us not to share that information for the purpose of payment or our operations with your health insurer.
    • We will say “yes” unless a law requires us to share that information.

Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared information

  • You can ask for a list (accounting) of the times we’ve shared your health information for six years prior to the date you ask, who we shared it with, and why.
  • We will include all the disclosures except for those about treatment, payment, and health care operations, and certain other disclosures (such as any you asked us to make).  We’ll provide one accounting a year for free but will charge a reasonable, cost-based fee if you ask for another one within 12 months.

Get a copy of this privacy notice

  • You can ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically.  We will provide you with a paper copy promptly.

Choose someone to act for you

  • If you have given someone medical power of attorney or if someone is your legal guardian, that person can exercise your rights and make choices about your health information.
  • We will make sure the person has this authority and can act for you before we take any action.

File a complaint if you feel your rights are violated

  • You can complain if you feel we have violated your rights by contacting us using the information on page 1.
  • You can file a complaint with the U S Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to 200 Independence Ave, SW, Washington, DC 20201, calling 1-877-696-6775, or visiting
  • We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.


For certain health information, you can tell us your choices about what we share.  If you have a clear preference for how we share your information in the situations described below, talk to us.  Tell us what you want us to do, and we will follow your instructions.

In these cases, you have both the right and choice to tell us to:

  • Share information with your family, close friends, or others involved in your care
  • Share information in a disaster relief situation
  • Include your information in a hospital directory
  • Contact you for fundraising efforts


If you are not able to tell us your preference, for example if you are unconscious, we may go ahead and share your information if we believe it is in your best interest.  We may also share your information when needed to lessen a serious and imminent threat to health or safety.

In these cases we never share your information unless you give written permission:

  • Marketing purposes
  • Sale of your information
  • Most sharing of psychotherapy notes

In the case of fundraising:

  • We may contact you for fundraising efforts, but you can tell us not to contact you again.


How do we typically use or share your health information?  We typically use or share your health information in the following ways.

Treat you

  • We can use your health information and share it with other professionals who are treating you.

Example: A doctor treating you for an injury asks another doctor about your overall health condition.

Run our organization

  • We can use and share your health information to run our practice, improve your care, and contact you when necessary.

Example: We use health information about you to manage your treatment and services.

Bill for your services

  • We can use and share your health information to bill and get payment from health plans or other entities.

Example: We give information about you to your health insurance plan so it will pay for your services.

How else can we use or share your health information?  We are allowed or required to share your information in other ways- usually in ways that contribute to the public good, such as public health and research.  We have to meet many conditions in the law before we can share your information for these purposes.  For more information see:

Help with public health and safety issues

  • We can share health information about you for certain situations such as:
    • Preventing disease
    • Helping with product recalls
    • Reporting adverse reactions to medications
    • Reporting suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence
    • Preventing or reducing a serious threat to anyone’s health or safety

Do research

  • We can use or share your information for health research

Comply with the law

  • We will share information about you if state or federal laws require it, including with the Department of Health and Human Services if it wants to see that we’re complying with federal privacy law.

Respond to organ and tissue donation requests

  • We can share health information about you with organ procurement organizations.

Work with a medical examiner or funeral director

  • We can share health information with a coroner, medical examiner, or funeral director when an individual dies.

Address workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests

  • We can use or share health information about you:
    • For workers’ compensation claims
    • For law enforcement purposes or with a law enforcement official
    • With health oversight agencies for activities authorized by law
    • For special government functions such as military, national security, and presidential protective services

Respond to lawsuits and legal actions

  • We can share health information about you in response to a court or administrative order, or in response to a subpoena.


  • We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information
  • We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information
  • We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
  • We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing.  If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any time.  Let us know in writing if you change your mind.


For more information see:


You have the right to opt out of authorized uses and disclosures at any time.  This opt out, by law, will not apply to disclosures that are legally permitted, disclosures we make to companies that perform services on our behalf, or companies that process or service transactions you request or authorize.

Once your request is received, MARR will have a reasonable amount of time to stop the disclosures.  You may always contact us for assistance if you wish to revoke your opt out election.

You may direct us not to make disclosures (other than disclosures permitted by law) by writing a formal letter of request to rescind disclosure.  This letter can be faxed at (770) 216-9546 attention MARR Privacy Officer or mailed: 

Attn: MARR Privacy Officer


2815 Clearview Place

Doraville, GA 30340


If you have any questions or complaints about the way MARR handles your protected health care information or if you believe your privacy rights have been violated, contact the MARR Privacy Officer, Liltonya Coast, at (678) 805-5150 or in person.  You can also contact the Secretary of the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services.  Please note that there will be no retaliation against you for filing a complaint or making requests regarding you health care information, or for disagreeing with MARR-related decisions.


We can change the terms of this notice, and the changes will apply to all information we have about you.  The new notice will be available upon request, in our office, and on our website.

Call 1-800-732-5430 today for a FREE assessment or contact us online. Get help now.