Primary Counselor – Traditions Women’s Recovery Center
- Licensure as LPC, LMSW, LMFT or Associate Licensure OR CACI or CACII is required.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university, with the major course work in addiction studies, psychology, social work, or related human service or behavioral or social services field
- Additionally, two years of counseling experience with substance dependent clients is preferred.
- Background check required.
- Drug free workplace.
- The Primary Counselor is required to work 40 hrs a week Monday-Friday.
- Work with an assigned case load of up to 8 clients
- Prepare treatment plans and work with clients towards achieving treatment goals
- Take clients through the assignments of phase 1 of treatment including a life story and first-step inventory
- Prepare and present phase 1 reviews showing clients’ progress
- Facilitate daily primary group with assigned case load
- Lead groups throughout the week including assignment groups, group therapy, and psycho-educational groups
- Work with individual clients as assigned upon their transition into the second phase of treatment
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Complete all required documentation for groups and sessions
- Serves as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Group facilitation and group dynamics
- Individual counseling techniques and competencies
- The disease model of addiction and working with substance dependent clients
- 12-step recovery and recovery based principles
- Documentation and treatment planning
Interested applicants should submit your resume to email@example.com.