Staying connected in recovery is one of the best methods for relapse prevention. Because addiction is a disease of isolation, it is important for addicts and alcoholics to establish a strong support system in sobriety. While MARR upholds its traditions of intensive addiction treatment and a strong community model, we utilize newer strategies like social media to help our alumni feel more connected.
Whether you need a few words of encouragement, wish to touch base with other alumni and staff, want to find out what’s happening at MARR or would like to read up on recovery-related material, we want you to stay connected.
MARR Alumni are welcome to attend the following groups at their respective center at any point in time:
Traditions Recovery Center for Women
- Monitoring/Aftercare – Wednesdays, 6-7 p.m. – Traditions Recovery Center for Women
- Spirituality – Thursdays, 6:15-7:15 p.m. – First United Methodist Church of Lawrenceville
- Spirituality – Saturdays, 8:45-9:45 a.m. – First United Methodist Church of Lawrenceville
- Any feeling school groups at Traditions Recovery Center for Women EXCEPT “Connections – Shame, Resilience, and Healing Trauma”
Men’s Recovery Center
- Men’s 12-Step Meeting – Saturdays, 10:30-11:30 a.m. – Men’s Recovery Center
- Spiritual Life Group (with Jim Seckman) – Mondays, 6:00-7:00 p.m. – Men’s Recovery Center – formerly at Peachtree Presbyterian Church
- Spiritual Life Group (with Ashley McQueen) – Wednesdays from 6:00-7:00 p.m. temporarily at the Men’s Recovery Center – formerly at St. John’s United Methodist Church
- Spiritual Life Group (with Mark Anderson) – Wednesdays, 6:00-7:00 p.m. – Men’s Recovery Center – formerly at Tucker United Methodist Church
- Men’s Aftercare – Thursdays from 5:30-7:00 p.m. at the Men’s Recovery Center
- Men’s Residential Group – Saturday from 9:00-10:00 a.m. at the Men’s Recovery Center. Open to MARR alumni on case-by-case basis.
- Atlanta Recovering Professionals Group at the Men’s Recovery Center. Closed meeting but open to MARR alumni on case-by-case basis. Zoom available upon request.
- Thursdays 5:30-6:30 (small groups)
- Thursdays 6:45-7:45 p.m. (large group)
- Saturdays 9:00-10:00 a.m. (large group)
Find us on the social media channels below. Then, give us your feedback! Share your thoughts on our blog; post comments on Facebook; or retweet us on Twitter.
At MARR, we believe in the power of fellowship. Let’s enjoy recovery together!
If you would like to be added as a member to our private alumni Facebook group, email [email protected].