Residential Assistant Coordinator – Right Side Up Recovery Center for Women & Children
TITLE: RSU Residential Assistant Coordinator
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: RSU Program Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS: High School graduation required. Minimum of one-year experience providing some level of managerial services at a residential program for at risk clients (e.g., house parent, group home, etc.) preferably with persons in recovery from substance use disorders. The Residential Assistant Coordinator must have a clean motor vehicle report.
RESPONSIBILITIES: While the Residential Assistant Coordinator is on call 7 days a week, they are expected to perform scheduled duties five days per week. Specific duties are provided below:
1. Responsible for supervising Resident Assistant staff.
2. Responsible for being available for residents to provide general monitoring of clients and any guidance and assistance they need, including of an emergency nature.
3. Provides on-site orientation and post admission support of clients and their children as a part of the intake process.
4. Coordinates the documentation and reporting of maintenance requests as well as inventories of apartment furnishings.
5. Conducts and documents housekeeping inspections and provides assistance to residents in improving housekeeping practices as needed.
6. During the scheduled shift, monitors operations of the residential program to ensure a safe physical and social environment.
7. In circumstances when safety is a concern, inspections of residences will be conducted and a professional response provided if needed, including the documentation of findings.
8. Employs good judgment and crisis management skills in response to circumstances in which they are needed.
9. Compliance with codes of ethics that govern professional behavior and the maintenance of appropriate boundaries with clients.
10. Serves as a liaison between program participants and program staff providing two-way communication. That is, ensuring that needs and concerns presented by clients are communicated to the appropriate RSU staff and that RSU staff information intended to be communicated to residents after a shift change is so communicated.
11. Serves as a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team and conveys any relevant information about program participants that may be important to their treatment or therapeutic service delivery. Prepares written reports/records based on knowledge of each client’s daily functioning (e.g., peer interactions, behavioral patterns, etc.) and contributes this information to the appropriate staff.
12. Contributes to team decisions regarding client readiness for job/program placement.
13. Reporting to the supervisor the required regulatory agency any abuse or neglect or other incidents that put clients, staff or the program in jeopardy.
14. Maintains appropriate records, including incident reports, in accordance with program policy and guidelines and informs supervisor or other designated staff in a timely manner of incidents that warrant such notification.
15. Provides self-medication oversight and documentation.
16. Oversees and keeps accurate records of clients’ personal belonging, EBT cards, credit cards, funds, etc.
17. Transports clients to AA/NA meetings and/or other activities according to established guidelines and time frames when the regular transportation providers are not available.
18. Utilizes professional judgment in dealing with circumstances that arise during transportation episodes and on-site daily living.
19. Utilization of a positive, caring and supportive therapeutic approach as well as communication style with clients.
20. Demonstrates ability to set and maintain appropriate boundaries with clients.
21. Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
22. Ability to communicate clearly, orally and in writing.
23. Ability to demonstrate fairness and flexibility as required to accommodate the emerging needs of clients as well as the needs of a developing program.
24. Compliance with policies and procedures, including being on time for work and working the scheduled hours.
25. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Basic addiction theory including the disease concept.
- Basic approaches to working with families.
- Local, state and federal regulatory requirements pertaining to program operation.
- Available community resources.
- Cultural, ethnic and community standards and norms.
- Crisis intervention services/resources available in the community (especially
medical/health, behavioral health and disaster related).
- Ability to provide effective assessment and intake duties with substance dependent women, many of whom have been victims of domestic violence.
- Ability to perform the charting duties required by regulations that govern the program in a timely fashion.
- Ability to develop a good rapport with clients.
- A nurturing and non-judgmental attitude.
- Ability to set and maintain appropriate boundaries with clients.
- Cultural understanding, sensitivity and development towards cultural competency.
- Effective communication skills orally and in writing (e.g. for reports) to a variety of audiences.
- Develop and participate in collaborative processes.
- Practice ethical behavior.
- Review and currency with evidence-based practices.
- Accurate and timely documentation of program activities and outcomes.
- Practice of professional development by continually assessing personal performance and practice with the willingness to change behavior and seek assistance, if applicable, in order to model professionalism.
- Serve as a credible resource and advocate for MARR and the RSU program.
- Consensus building and conflict management.
- Exercise of competent, professional judgment when dealing with clients, the public and other professionals to maintain the client’s best interests at all times.
- Maintaining professional standards and upholding the legal and accepted codes that pertain to professional conduct.
- Performance within the general policies and principles of MARR and RSU.
Must be flexible and dependable.
Criminal background check required.
Interested applicants should submit your resume to email@example.com.