Right Side Up Clinical Assessment Counselor
]TITLE: Right Side Up Clinical Assessment Counselor
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Admissions
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum Education is a Master’s Degree in counseling, psychology, or social work, and/or a certification in addiction counseling. A person who is currently working on certification for addiction counseling may have additional experience that qualifies them for the position.
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week
- Provide initial point of contact for clients and families of clients looking for addiction treatment services
- Complete full clinical assessments with clients interested in MARR services
- Coordinate with MARR clinical director, program directors, and medical team to determine appropriateness of clients for MARR services
- Provide referrals for individuals who are not appropriate for admission to Right Side Up
- Coordinate intakes with Program Director and other appropriate MARR staff
- Perform initial procedures for admission to the program, including client orientation paperwork
- Communicate with clients’ previous mental health professionals and treatment centers for continuity of care
- Deescalate crisis situations as they occur
- Document all phone calls, sessions, and assessments in MARR information system (KIPU)
- Receive supervision from Director of Admissions and/or Chief Clinical Officer
- Submit Clinical Summations for each client admitted to Right Side Up
- Any other job related duties assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES: High level of professionalism; counseling and communication (written and verbal) skills are required. Experience and competency in Microsoft Windows based products including Word, Excel and Outlook. Have prior experience in assessing for clinical needs according to DSM-V or ASAM criteria. Be able to handle face-to-face and telephone calls of persons in crisis situations.
Interested applicants should submit their resume to Lauren.Davis@marrinc.org